We coach frontline workers, managers, and end users to prototype new practices, services, and policies.
Know where the ground is primed for change? Found a good social challenge to take on? Committed to moving from ideas to implementation?
Making and Testing is where ready member organizations create crews and go on missions. A crew is a cross-hierarchical team. A mission is a social challenge to address. Out of a mission comes new practices, services, policies, and backend systems. Some interventions might be radical; others more incremental.
Making & Testing involves:
- Problem framing & mission identification
- Curating cross-hierarchical teams
- Setting-up creative work spaces
- Coaching teams in design & social science methods
- Modeling ethnographic fieldwork & prototyping
- Debriefing, reflection, and leadership practices
- Brokering teams to designers & content specialists
- Connecting teams to eco-system influencers
- Grieving old ways of doing things
Who is it for?
Making & Testing is for social service agencies ready to re-invent and implement new practices. This involves an internal team of at least 4 plus director and board support
Making and Testing is designed to:
― Build a sense of competence & control amongst staff
― Help teams re-define their roles & identities
― Engage users and community in the change process
― Create tangible new practices, service models, and systems
― Bring about measurable shifts in outcomes