About the role
- Shape the tone, sound, story arc of podcasts
- Provide feedback and ideas on scripts
- Assist in all aspects of podcast recording, mixing, and editing
- Ensure a high level of audio quality and consistency
- Publish podcasts
- Help create social assets for podcast (Audiograms, Instagram Posts)
- Manage the workflow and production of multiple podcasts
- You’re the kind of person who laughs, cries, yells, nods and shakes your head to podcasts.
- You have a deep appreciation for storytelling, and are both a connoisseur of compelling narratives and a maker of them.
- You are reflective and reflexive about your social location, and how that shapes the stories you tell.
- Deadlines bring out the best, not the worst in you.
- You’re energized by working in teams, and producing high-quality products that push boundaries, tell meaningful stories, and challenge what we think we know.
- You’ve got a keen ear for detail.
About your skills
We’re looking for folks with / who are …
- Two or more years of experience in audio editing (Audition) a must, and video editing (Premiere) would be a plus
- Practiced storytellers with a portfolio of crafting narratives and audio stories
- Discerning, lateral thinkers with a penchant for collaboration
- Close attention to detail
- Dependable, self-starters
- We are committed to curating a team with a blend of lived experiences, from different cultural and racial backgrounds, and intersectional identities, creating an environment where we can bring our whole selves to the creative process!
Nuts and bolts
Type of role: This is a freelance contractor role with lots of flexibility around when in the day work gets done.
Timing: The role will start in February and run through the end of March, with the possibility of work into April and May.
Renumeration: $750-$1000 per podcast
Location: Our team is based in Vancouver, Toronto, and Edmonton, but since we’re all working remotely these days, this role can be based anywhere!
Apply by January 30!
- Please share a short bio that tells us a bit about who you are, your social location, and why you are interested in this role.
- Send along at least three different examples of your work.
- Got a resume? Please include. We’re not looking for particular credentials or education, but we are curious about what else you’re into, in order to get a fuller picture of you!
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM on January 30th. We will confirm we got it, and endeavour to get back to each person individually!