We can offer you:
This position is not paid. We contribute to flights and offer a living stipend. But you get way more than money. You get …
- Learning by doing: alongside an international team of researchers and designers
- Recognition: whatever you design, you can feature it in your portfolio
- Recommendations: get a recommendation from a senior designer
- Access to our network: join a growing network that could lead to future work opportunities
- Tools: take away concrete tools to further your own design practice and most of all, discernment, to know when and how to use
- Experience: gain know-how in the emerging field of social design
- Camaraderie: joy, wonder, and awe are important parts of our team culture (so too is challenge + hard work)
About your experience + skills:
- You either have formal training and some work experience in a design discipline (graphic design, industrial design, service design, interaction design) AND/OR in a social science / humanities discipline (philosophy, ethics, social psychology, anthropology, sociology)
- You can show us either physical or digital touchpoints you’ve made.
- You have a laptop and are tech savvy. If you’re coming in with a design background, you know your way around Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- You like working with others, and are fearless about engaging with frontline staff and their service users.
- You’re pragmatic: you’re able to think & make something in hours, not weeks.
- You’re a strong communicator and team player, who can support wherever needed.
InWithForward is a small organization with a big mission: to help turn our social safety nets into trampolines. In other words: not systems that you get stuck in, but that help you bounce back when life is challenging. We are a creative community of designers, social scientists and non-profits who design, test and spread new kinds of social services and networks. To do that we work in context, with people, to move lives forward.
How to apply?
Please drop us an email at email@example.com. We want to see:
- The dates you’d be available;
- What your learning goals would be, and what you’d like to see to know you reached them;
- Something you’ve made to share why you’d like to do the fellowship: why this role, why now?
We’re really looking forward to hear from you!