We are looking for a talented designer in Vancouver (CA) or Rotterdam (NL) to help create our new brand identity, one that’s consistent across multiple channels and speaks to different user groups. This is a project, not a job, we’re looking for a freelancer or a small studio.
As we’re a startup, our budget is somewhat limited. We think this could be a great fit if you’re up for a good creative challenge and if you want to make work for social good.
We can offer you:
- Experience: working with an international team at the forefront of social design
- Exposure: our work features in design journals and at conferences, and so will yours
- Impact: you’ll be able to see your work and it’s impact in the real world
- Creative freedom: we have lots of raw content to play with, and we’re in for something bold
A big part of our work is testing directly with ‘real’ user — people with disabilities, their families, staff and volunteers. We’ve been live prototyping for two years with about 200 users. Over that period we’ve designed several versions of a website, a mobile app and lots of printed materials. You would design the identity that ties all this together.
Is this you?
- Designing for users with different abilities is a creative challenge for you, not a limitation
- You understand that you’re not starting from zero and you can build on what’s been done before.
- You’re also not afraid to critique what we have designed so far.
- You’re comfortable sharing early versions of your work and you seek feedback to improve it.
About your experience & skills...
- at least 2-3 years of experience with print and digital, you have branding projects in your portfolio.
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop are like extensions of your brain and hands.
- Enough WordPress, HTML experience to build an example page.
- An eye for aesthetics, and you can explain verbally why one direction is better than another.
This is the year Kudoz is getting traction.
We’re shortlisted for an international Service Design Award alongside leading design agencies. In Canada, we’re held up as a case study of a new kind of social service, with the promise to change the existing system. And we’re about to receive investment for another two years.
We’re an international team of designers, doers and social scientists, working with developers, researchers and filmmakers. We operate from our studio in Burnaby (Metro Vancouver) and our lead designer is based in Rotterdam.
Or want to know more? Drop me an email at email@example.com