InWithForward is offering a few of design fellowships in March and April 2017 to gain real life experience using design to address serious challenges like homelessness or barriers facing those with a disability.
Join our award-winning team of service designers and social researchers to design and prototype new interactions, tools and practice with frontline staff. You’ll go inside a non-profit, and work with our team for a 3-day prototyping bonanza to help frontline staff bring ideas to life.
Are you up for the challenge?
We can offer you:
- Learning by doing: alongside an international team of researchers and designers
- Portfolio: whatever you design, you can feature it in your portfolio
- Recommendation: get a recommendation from a senior designer
- Network: join a growing network that could lead to future work opportunities
- Tools: take away concrete tools to further your own design practice
- Experience: gain experience in the emerging field of service design
About your experience + skills:
- You have graphic design / interaction design experience
- You have a laptop and you know your way around Adobe InDesign
- You like working with others, including frontline staff and their service’s users
- You’re pragmatic: you’re able to make something in hours, not weeks
- You are available March /April 2017, travel may be required (travel costs covered by us).
InWithForward is a small organization with a big mission: to help turn our social safety nets into trampolines. In other words: not systems that you get stuck in, but that help you bounce back when life is challenging. We are a creative community of designers, social scientists and non-profits who design, test and spread new kinds of social services and networks. To do that we work in homes, neighbourhoods, and systems across Canada, to move lives forward.